Consider the truth of God’s love for you, as well as our responsibility to love one another. The scripture quotes below are a collection of Bible scriptures to help you comprehend the power of love in your marriage, among friends, loving your neighbors, and loving your adversaries.
God is love, according to the Bible, making it the ideal source for understanding what love is and how we might be loving neighbors. Our world has warped the meaning of true love, but God’s Word remains a steadfast, true source of information, as evidenced by Bible verses concerning love.
Read and dwell on this list of love verses from the Bible, and you’ll notice a shift in your heart and mind as a result of pursuing selfless love! These Bible passages about love should serve as a reminder of God’s love for you and what it means to love others.
Love Verses in the Bible
- Colossians 3:14 is a biblical passage about putting on love.
- First, we’ve compiled a list of some of the most renowned and well-known Bible verses about love. These love scriptures are well-known for their straightforward but powerful message of God’s love and the love we should reciprocate. Read and pray with these love Bible verses:
- Let everything you do come from a place of love. 1 Corinthians 16:14 (NIV)
- Because God is love, anyone who does not love does not know God. + 1 4:8 John
- Fear does not exist in love, but pure love does. Because fear is associated with punishment, and whoever fears has not yet attained perfection in love. – 1 John 4:18 (KJV)
- For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever trusts in him may have eternal life. – Revelation 3:16
- Above all, continue to love one another with sincerity, since love covers a multitude of faults. – 1 Peter 4:8 (NIV)
- – Colossians 3:14 – And above all, put on love, which links everything together in perfect harmony.
- I give you a new commandment: love one another as I love you. If you have a love for one another, then everyone will know you are my disciples. – Matthew 13:34-35 – John 13:34-35 –
- No one can love his friends more than someone who is willing to lay down his life for them. – 15:13 in John’s Gospel
- So faith, hope, and love remain, these three; but love is the greatest of them. 1 Corinthians 13:13 (NIV)
- We love because Christ loved us first. – 1 John 4:19; 1 John 4:20; 1 John 4:21; 1
- Hatred causes trouble, but love forgives all wrongdoings. 10:12 (Proverbs)
- Let us, beloved, love one another, since love is from God, and anyone who loves is born of God and knows God. – 1 John 4:7; 1 John 4:8; 1 John 4:9; 1
God’s Love in the Bible Verses
- Love passages in the Bible, love scriptures
- If we are looking for the perfect example of love, we should look no farther than our creator God. God’s love is frequently referred to as agape love, which is the highest kind of unselfish and sacrificing love. It is unwavering, constant, and unconditional. Here are a few examples of God’s immense love for you from the Bible! May these Bible verses on God’s love motivate you to be brave and kind.
- Let us love one another, dear friends, for love is a gift from God. Everyone who loves is a child of God, and everyone who knows God is a child of God. Because God is love, whoever does not love does not know God. – 1 John 4:18–19
- God demonstrated his love for us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we could live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us so much that he sent his Son to atone for our sins. Dear friends, because God loves us so much, we should love one another as well. Nobody has ever seen God; yet, if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is perfect in us. 4:9-12 – John 4:9-12
- As a result, we are aware of and rely on God’s love for us. Love is God. Whoever lives in love is a part of God, and God is a part of them. In this world, we are like Jesus, and this is how love is made perfect among us so that we can have confidence on the day of judgment. In love, there is no fear. Perfect love, on the other hand, drives out fear because fear is associated with punishment. Fearful people are not made perfect in love. – 1 John 4:16-18; 1 John 4:16-18; 1 John 4:16-18; 1
- We love because Christ loved us first. – 1 John 4:19; 1 John 4:20; 1 John 4:21; 1
- I have loved you as much as the Father has loved me. Stay in my affection for the time being. You will remain in my love if you obey my commands, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and am still in his love. – Matthew 15:9-10
- This is my command: Love one another as I have loved you. There is no greater love than laying down one’s life for one’s friends. – See John 15:12-13 for further information.
- Because God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, whoever believes in him will not perish but will have eternal life. – Revelation 3:16
- Now that the LORD your God is God, the reliable God who preserves the covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and follow his commands for a thousand generations, 7:9 (Deuteronomy)
- But you, O Lord, are a kind and gracious God who is slow to anger and abounds in unfailing love and fidelity. 86:15 Psalms
- God demonstrates his love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. 5:8 – Romans
- God, being rich in mercy, made us alive together with Christ, even when we were dead in our trespasses, because of the great love with which he loved us even when we were dead in our sins – by grace you have been saved. 2:4-5 – Ephesians
- See what sort of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be referred to as God’s children, which we are. The world hasn’t heard of us because it hasn’t heard of him. 1 John 3:1 –
- A neighbor is not harmed by love. As a result, love is the law’s fulfillment. – 1 Corinthians 13:10
- Many people claim to have unwavering love, but who can identify a trustworthy person? The pious live blameless lives and their descendants are blessed. – Psalms 20:6-7
- Faith, hope, and love are the only things that remain. The greatest of these, though, is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13 (NIV)
- Be utterly modest and kind; be patient and loving with one another. Make every effort to maintain the Spirit’s oneness via the bond of peace. – Ephesians 4:12–3.
- Above all, truly love one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. – 1 Peter 4:8 (NIV)
- Let us love one another, dear friends, for love is a gift from God. Everyone who loves is a child of God, and everyone who knows God is a child of God. Because God is love, whoever does not love does not know God. – 1 John 4:7; 1 John 4:8; 1 John 4:9; 1
- Dear friends, because God loves us so much, we should love one another as well. – 1 John 4:11 (KJV)
- And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must love his or her brother or sister as well. + 1 4:21 (John)
- And put on love, which binds all these virtues together in perfect unity. – Colossians 3:14
- We know what love is because Jesus Christ gave his life for us. We should also be willing to give our lives for our brothers and sisters. How can someone have God’s love if they have material riches and see a brother or sister in need but have no compassion for them? Let us not love with words or speech, but with actions and truth, dear children. 1 John 3:16-18 is a passage from the Gospel of John.
- Everything you do should be done with love. 1 Corinthians 16:14 (NIV)
- Place me like a seal on your heart, like a seal on your arm, because love is as powerful as death, and its jealousy is as unyielding as the grave. It burns like a raging inferno, a powerful flame. Love is unquenchable by many glasses of water, and rivers cannot sweep it away. It would be completely loathed if one were to give away all of one’s money for love. 8:6 Song of Solomon
- My beloved is mine, and I am my beloved’s. 8:3 Song of Solomon
- Two people are better than one because they get a better return on their investment: if one of them falls down, the other can help the other get up. But pity the person who falls and has no one to assist them in getting up. Furthermore, if two people lie down together, they will stay warm. But how can one keep warm on their own? Two can protect themselves, even if one is overpowered. Three-stranded cords take a long time to break. 4:9-12 Ecclesiastes
- God, on the other hand, “created them male and female” at the beginning of creation. ‘As a result, a man will abandon his father and mother and combine with his wife, the two becoming one flesh.’ As a result, they are no longer two people, but one flesh. Therefore, no one should separate what God has brought together. Matthew 10:9–6